Access the power of the BIRT iServer onDemand anywhere—with almost any device.
BIRT onDemand is a new addition to the Actuate BIRT line of deployment options, providing anyone, anywhere with immediate, on-demand content from either a fully hosted iServer implementation or an installation integrated with a pre-existing iServer. With BIRT onDemand, IT can easily and efficiently leverage pre-existing BIRT reports and designs, eliminating the need to recreate company assets.
BIRT onDemand is available now and can be accessed online. Once signed up, users have immediate access to the tools they need to view, refine and reuse their content in a secure and easy-to-navigate environment, whether it’s on the Web or on their own handheld device.
A mobile client is already fully integrated with the BIRT onDemand experience. When a BIRT design or document is uploaded to an onDemand account, it can quickly be added to a mobile client via the document’s context menu. If a business already has an iServer, it’s easy to deploy the BIRT Mobile Framework for iServer (available in the BIRT Exchange Marketplace) and mobilize any BIRT content.
BIRT onDemand provides organizations with flexible, easy access to content:
- Supports both commercial and open source BIRT designs
- Offers a free test drive of the hosted BIRT iServer platform (free trial limits feature set)
- Hosts BIRT apps
- Provides up to five user accounts (trial)
- Allows free mobile access (iPhone©, iPod Touch©, iPad©, BlackBerry© mobile devices) to user-defined apps
- Includes free web-based editing tools to customize apps
- Enables users to load documents and designs directly from the Eclipse IDE (using a plug-in) into BIRT onDemand
- Provides Amazon RDS (Relational Data Store) for data storage and connectors to traditional and cloud databases
- Utilizes BIRT application server architecture in the cloud to deliver secure and reliable content
- Delivers ready-made dashboards, interactive reports, and flash visualizations; pre-packaged dashboard technologies enable existing BIRT reports to be presented in dynamic, user-configurable dashboards without coding
- Includes account and user management features: folder management, report execution, scheduling, document sharing and secure data transfer and access
- Allows reports to be saved as PowerPoint©, Excel©, PDF© or Word©
- Offers one-click installation of select BIRT-exchange Marketplace applications into an existing BIRT onDemand account
BIRT onDemand allows users to access a true self-service environment. Within this environment, users can:
- Execute and view Rich Information Applications built on BIRT
- Edit app designs and data online using web tools by embedding DHTML on other web apps
- Add geospatial visualizations, Flash© charting and more to reports or dashboards using plug-in apps
- Build, edit, update and interact with data using desktop and web tools such as BIRT Interactive Viewer and BIRT Spreadsheet
- Enable mobile viewing of BIRT apps with BIRT Mobile Viewers for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Blackberry or via the BIRT Framework for iServer, which allows mobile deployment to almost any handheld device
- Deploy Actuate BIRT on the Web quickly, easily and inexpensively
- Access the power of the BIRT iServer via BIRT onDemand’s intuitive web interface on any browser (including Safari©)
Applications built with ActuateOne® provide users with one user experience regardless of task, tool or skill level; are supported by one server with a set of services to support any deployment and are built with one design using BIRT. ActuateOne® provides organizations with a quick time to market and the ability to grow with success.
Actuate’s powerful platform services manage the operation, deployment and performance of all information application services.