BIRT iServer is a report server with a variety of services that deploy, manage, schedule, secure, run and distribute BIRT documents and web pages.
BIRT iServer can be phased in and capacity purchased to support just the services required. iServer is available as a Platform-as-a-Service via BIRT OnDemand, can be implemented On Premises, or installed in a cloud.
BIRT iServer embeds the Eclipse BIRT Engine and Java APIs. It is compatible with reports developed with BIRT designer and supports the viewing services of Interactive Viewer and BIRT Viewer.
With an intuitive web interface, BIRT iServer allows end users to easily schedule their own BIRT report runs, and administrators to set schedules based on a combination of events, business rules and calendars.
- Self-serve report scheduling
- Report parameterization
- Event, business rule and group scheduling
BIRT iServer provides hierarchal role-based security with multi-level access permissions enabling organizations to ensure that users access only the BIRT reports and data they are allowed to see. A security model can be implemented stand-alone within BIRT iServer or integrated with external directory services and single sign-on systems (SSO) in multiple ways.
- Hierarchical-based user security
- Controlled report and data access
- BIRT Page Level Security for iServer
- Multiple secure single sign-on options
BIRT iServer provides a variety of ways to distribute and notify users about the availability of BIRT documents, reports ad data updates.
- Conditional notification
- Email notification
BIRT iServer contains BIRT report management features to manage multiple reports, multiple versions of reports and to support multiple report developers.
- File organization
- Versioning and archiving
- Export and import
- Template management
BIRT iServer includes an optional metadata layer to hide data structure and complexity from end users and to integrate data from disparate data sources in real time.
- EII technology
- Global programmable query governors
- Data presented in business terms
- Automatic data caching open data access (ODA) framework
- Graphical development environment
Usage logging reports what is being used or not and how often. With a SaaS implementation, monitoring usage patterns helps administrators plan for future requirements for increased capacity.
- Usage reporting
- System monitoring
Data access is what demonstrates the value of most products, accessible 24/7.
- No single point of failure
- Online backup and restore
- Multiple failover modes
With a SaaS implementation, multiple customers share the same infrastructure.
- Manage provided services separately, so that one customer can be upgraded without disturbing the others
- Provide each with an individual security model
- Furnish multiple document repositories
Customers get accustomed to getting the right data, at the right time, the way they want it. As such, they expect consistently high performance at all times. Automatic performance tuning provides consistent performance and delivery.
- Support for high-end SMP hardware
- Automatic clustering, job control and load balancing
- Configurable caching of report generation and views
BIRT iServer provides a stateless image for elastic clustering and dynamic provisioning, which is essential in cloud implementations.
- Automatically create additional nodes and clusters when needed without service interruptions.
- Automatically remove nodes and clusters when they are not needed without service interruptions.
- Eclipse language pack report localization
- UI localization
- Internal Unicode
- Languages include: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese, Hong-Kong Chinese, PRC-Chinese, Thai
BIRT iServer can adopt the look and feel of other applications while still operating stand-alone, it can be invoked via URLs embedded in other applications, or it can be integrated at a granular level using its extensive Web Services API
- Look and feel integration
- Hyperlinks from other applications
- Provides reporting services to other applications
Applications built with ActuateOne® provide users with one user experience regardless of task, tool or skill level; are supported by one server with a set of services to support any deployment and are built with one design using BIRT. ActuateOne provides organizations with a quick time to market and the ability to grow with success.